The age group for the season is determined as of midnight on 30 September. Your Nippers age group is their age at 30th September +1. For example Age 6 at 30th of September then their age group is U/7
Preliminary proficiency evaluations are a risk management procedure to assess the swimming capabilities of participants and must be done as part of our club’s duty of care. Preliminary evaluations must be successfully completed before your child can participate in any water-based activities.
Completing the Pool Proficiency Evaluation
Every junior member is required to conduct a pool evaluation prior to any junior activities being undertaken. It includes a pool swim and a timed survival float.
A proficiency swim day is included in your Nippers membership.
Held at Coolum Swim Fit Pool participants can have their proficiency swim form signed off by their age group managers.
Please download and take your proficiency form (below) with you to the Pool Proficiency day for assessment.
If you are unable to attend the Club proficiency swim your proficiency form can be signed off by a qualified swimming coach at your local pool.
Please contact the Club for submission of forms: email@example.com
to be completed and returned to the Club
How Can Parents Get Involved??
Peregian Beach Surf Life Saving Club is a volunteer organisation and greatly appreciates the support of parents.
Without parent participation there would be no Nippers! We find that Nippers members get more enjoyment from activities when their whole family gets involved.
An Age Group Manager and Parent Liaison person is appointed to each age group.
For parents and guardians of Nippers there are lots of club activities we would welcome you getting involved in:
- Actively helping your Age Group Manager each week
- Becoming an Age Group Manager. No experience is necessary, you just need the right attitude. New AGMs are always welcome and we can provide the training
- Cooking / helping with the Club BBQ / sausage sizzle on Sunday mornings; we encourage Nippers parents to assist with supporting fundraising efforts for the Club.
- Assisting Nippers to correctly put away boards each Sunday in the Clubhouse
- Assisting with organising social events for the Nippers and parents
- Doing your Surf Rescue Certificate or Bronze Medallion (all members are encouraged to do this important training and the Club supports this as a member benefit included as part of your membership fee), which then allows you to do patrols, help with Water Safety or assist with club activities on Sunday mornings.
- If you have a Bronze Medallion, you can do other courses including IRB crew and driver’s license, Advanced First Aid, Spinal Management, Defibrillator operator, as well as Level One Coaching or Officiating Certificate which will enable you to help at Carnivals.
- Doing the free Parent Nipper Accreditation Award (NAA) to help on the beach. [Note this course will be released after Surf Life Saving updates the content].
You can volunteer by contacting your child’s Age Group Manager or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.